ART GALLERYMORETTI

Fabrizio Moretti opened his gallery in Florence in 1999 with the inaugural exhibition From Bernardo Daddi to Giorgio Vasari and soon established a respected reputation in the field of Italian Old Masters. The gallery works closely with the most notable scholars and public institutions and is known for its dedication to research and for handling works of the highest quality as well as for making this particular area more accessible to private collectors. The London seat of the gallery opened in January 2005 as a point of reference for collectors seeking a confidential approach.
In 2017, with Monaco’s longstanding commitment to arts and culture, Fabrizio Moretti decided to open a new gallery space at Park Palace in Monte Carlo, Monaco, overlooking the fabled Place du Casino.
Throughout the years, the philanthropic activity of the gallery has allowed for the publication of monographs of Italian painters, financed scholarships at several institutions and donated works of art to several museums around the world.


MORETTI
27, Avenue de la Costa
98000 Monaco
www.morettigallery.com
monaco@morettigallery.com
tel. +377 99 99 09 70

EXHIBITIONThe Calling of Saints Peter and Andrew

Moretti Fine Art is pleased to present a new discovery by the Florentine artist Giovanni Balducci called “Il Cosci”.
The predella, formed by five different scenes, was commissioned by Pope Clemente VIII (Ippolito Aldobrandini) for the Papal Altar in Archbasilica of Saint John Lateran in Rome for the Jubelee of 1600.
The renovation of the High Altar was directed by Cardinal Alessandro de’ Medici himself who called Giovanni Balducci to create a new decoration comprising the predella and the frescos in the internal vaults of the Papal Altar that are still visible today. The predella was moved to the Coro dei Canonici around 1853, were it was until the decession (before 1910).